Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh my freaking gob, i need to decamp.

Current Updates: I start my job at Outback on Thursday, I just downed a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper, and I'm going to start reading Harry Potter 6 soon - I left off after reading the first 5, now I feel pressed to read the 6th before the film comes out.

----

I sat in Panera Bread last night trying to dwell in silence in my cafe latte cover over my own family inflictions. I see a group of girls sit in the two person booth directly ahead of me. Four girls in a two person booth. Mind you, they weren't whales so it was possible, but I feared, due to the proximity between each girl, that ones stringy hair may fall into another's mocha frappe. Wouldn't that be a tragedy? A clear disturbance for their extremely insightful conversation. "Jaime, you have good legs. My mom called you 'beautiful' earlier." "She didn't!" (in an exasperated tone) "As a matter of fact, she did. She said, 'My, look how nice and beautiful Jaime looks today.' Okay, so I added the beautiful part, who can bla...LIKE Oh my freaking gob! Watch out! Your beautiful golden locks are marinating in my mocha frappe!"---- I mean get your greedy hands on a hair tie, ladies, if you are going to be sitting thigh to thigh. It makes us unnoticed observers nervous and creates unnecessary scenarios in our heads.

The place was closing, which is why I felt I had chosen my stage appropriately. I didn't want boisterous noise, or I would have gone to Applebees. I didn't want galling girl gab or I would have invited my sister. No, I wanted my space. I wanted to get away, you see. To sit on my own with a caffeinated beverage and a book. David Sedaris accompanies me on my many escapes. My father, my sweet sweet daddy, had yelled at me. I don't take kindly to raised voices - It's a sure fire way to overreact my tear ducts. Slap me twice, pull my hair one by one, toss acid onto my foot, SURE. These things are fair game, I can handle it. Yell and belittle me? Call Noah, a flood's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment