Monday, May 18, 2009

Don't get me started.

My first post. My first rodeo with the world of blogging. How is it that someone who enjoys writing and spilling her guts is just at this point of getting a blog? I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if it is so, but this is a kind of internet journal? I have a journal. It's black, Moleskin. It's my private thoughts, my secured desires, my less than publishable ideas of stories and weak attempts at poetry. I never wanted a blog. I saw it almost as an ostentatious means of publishing your life. For example, the Facebook option to text a new status from your phone. Seriously? Samantha Brooke Pratt is home. Samantha Brooke Pratt is drinking water, taking a bite of a wheat thin, and taking another drink of water. Samantha Brooke Pratt is driving down the road. Samantha Brooke Pratt is at the mall. Samantha Brooke Pratt is awake. You look at these people's walls and it's a scroll of their needless updates about what is going on in their lives every 17 minutes. No mystery. No questioning. You're life is an open book...err a flowing cornucopia of status updates. Be honest with yourself, it's a plea for attention. A plea for someone or a number of people to know that you are busy or quite the opposite. Take a second, take a breath, and hit the backspace when you start typing the new status that notifies all of your facebook friends that you are "chillin'." Chances are,the people who need to know what you are doing already know. So save my newsfeed from trivial updates.
Which brings me back to my point about the pretentious belief that people would want to know what is going on in my life, my thoughts on various subjects, or whatever. Yet, after contemplating on this for a while I realized that this is a way for me to get my thoughts out there. The ones that I want out there. And for those who care to read, and for those who don't, I take full responsibility of how my words affect your opinion of me. This will be a journal of sorts, but also a venting strategy from my day residue. We all need to vent. Read it or not, this is all for my benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment